The Kinterra Hydraulic Foot Improves Life for One of ABLITY Prosthetics and Orthotics Patients
Here at ABILITY Prosthetics and Orthotics we are always trying to keep up with the latest equipment in prosthetics. To improve the mobility of one of our patients we fitted him with a Freedom Kinterra Hydraulic Ankle.
ABILITY chose the Freedom Kinterra prosthetic ankle for this patient to reduce pressure on his limb and make ramps or uneven terrain easier to manage.
The Kinterra Foot/Ankle System combines hydraulics and carbon fiber technology to provide low to moderate impact K3 ambulators an exceptionally normal walking gait – regardless of surface angle or speed. The results are rock solid stability and the confidence for users to choose a new path.
Kinterra's articulating ankle delivers:
· Increased ground contact and a more symmetrical gait
· Improved stability and safety, especially on slopes and varied terrain
· Reduced socket pressures for healthier residual limbs
· Enhanced comfort while sitting and squatting
· User confidence and satisfaction
If you are interested in finding out more about some of the new technologies in prosthetics and if they could improve life for you, please give us a call and schedule an appointment today.